Ideas!!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

So I met some of my students at Qlap mall today. They were catching a movie too, "Ngangkung". And Anis suggested the idea of field trips. Not a bad idea. Some time this year, another English teacher took her students for a visit at the Royal Regalia. Perhaps, next year I should bring mine to the movies. Watch a Disney movie or something. Then ask them to write about it.

To summarise, my way of teaching this year was kinda difficult to follow and frankly boring. I can't tell how many of my students I caught with eyes half close, nodding off feeling sleepy, and YAWNING. My problem is, I worried too much about grammar because I believe the key to good English is grammar. But I see now grammar is not important, at least not yet at this level. What's more important is they can understand and communicate in English - doesn't matter whether it's grammatically correct or not.

So...I should focus on EXPOSURE. Be exposed to the language as much as possible.

*BEAMING*

Mudahan inda hangat-hangat tahi ayam.

And jangantah tukar madahku dulu. LOL.

Toodles!

0 comments: